Dad gets his attention, and says, “If she’s not having fun, you have to stop.”
He is two. He needs to hear this now, and so does she. And again, and again, and again, so that like wearing a helmet on the bike it is ingrained."
Yes Means Yes blog: “visions of female sexual power & a world without rape”
Parents, siblings, carers, cousins, teachers, tutors, mentors, aunts, uncles, etc, of young children: we have a chance to mold the gender relations of the future.
Things I like:
- when people use my name in conversation.
- when people say “this reminded me of you!”
- when people remember little things i say/do.
- when people genuinely thank me for things i’ve done for them.
- when i think of the same thing at the same time as someone else and you give each other the look.